Monday, February 26, 2018

Pregnant with baby #2!

Hurray! Another baby!

Basically, when Heidi was 17 months old, I stopped taking the mini pill, got my period, got pregnant, and Heidi weaned herself all within a few weeks. It was my first period since having Heidi and it was gnarly - glad I only had one before getting pregnant again!

Symptoms
In the beginning I was feeling a little bloated and my pants were getting a bit tight. Then my husband and I went to the temple and I was super nauseous the entire night. The next morning I took a test and boom! Pregnant! 
June 23, 2017
First Trimester
I wasn't as sick this time. I was definitely nauseous all the time and I barfed only 2-3 times thankfully. I gained the most weight during this time because I had to eat constantly to not feel sick and even then it didn't always help. The "morning sickness" ended around 16 weeks ish and I was able to start working out. I was showing much earlier and people had figured I was pregnant way before I announced it at 13 weeks. My craving throughout this pregnancy was anything MINT! And Subway. My first OB appointment wasn't until I was over 9 weeks pregnant because they were so busy!

11 weeks and already buying maternity jeans!


Second Trimester
This is the awesome trimester! I was wearing maternity jeans at 11 weeks (I got them at Target and they're amazing!) so besides my body changing super fast I felt awesome. I was working out 4-6 times a week and trying to get back to my regular routine since I wasn't feeling sick anymore. I also had maternity photos done because the opportunity came up. I was only 21.5 weeks but definitely showing enough to do photos!

I made chocolate eclairs with pink filling! Heidi enjoyed eating them.
19 weeks and 3 days!
21.5 weeks at Mount Charleston
Third Trimester
I did NOT have Gestational Diabetes this time! YAY! I failed the first test of course and the second one was TERRIBLE. I felt worse than when I did the second one with Heidi and I passed! I had to have them read the numbers to me to make sure they didn't mix me up with someone else. I had heard that once you get it you'll have it with every pregnancy after but I got lucky I guess! The beginning of the third trimester is when I started to feel really sore. I never felt sore with Heidi so this was all new. I ordered a belly band on Amazon and it helped SO much. I wore it as much as possible. It would've been visible and bulky under clothes so I stayed home a lot just so I could wear it. My maternity pants helped with support but not as much as the band did. I also had the typical stuffy nose and it didn't stop until after delivery. Sleeping was awful too. Rolling over felt like everything from my waist to mid-thigh was ripping. And of course I can't sleep on one side for too long because it made my hips hurt so I had to roll back and forth all night. Not fun. My hands, feet, and legs fell asleep a lot too. I also had acid reflux BAD. Heartburn is nothing compared to the lava emerging from my face. Tums was not my friend this time. The last 3 weeks ish Rainier had to be kicked out of the bed so I could raise the top half with our adjustable base so I could actually sleep. (He needs to be completely flat to sleep.) It definitely helped with my soreness and acid! At my OB appointments during this trimester I was measuring a week ahead and at 37 weeks and 2 days I was measuring at 39/40 weeks! 

30 weeks at church

37.5 weeks and swollen like crazy! I had to take my wedding ring off too!

37 weeks at Grandma Leona's funeral
While waiting for the baby to come we painted the downstairs bathroom before adding shelves above the toilet (the shelves didn't get finished until after), I made about 20 freezer meals, I made bows and headbands, a bow holder for the two girls to keep in the upstairs bathroom, and spent as much time with Heidi as possible. She's going to look like a giant and it makes me so sad! When I was 37 weeks pregnant the doctor and I scheduled an induction just in case because the hospital was pretty busy. I had a balloon scheduled (a device to help with dilation) for February 18th at 2:30PM and then the induction at 2AM on the 19th, my due date. I really hoped I didn't stay pregnant that long! My last appointment I was 38 weeks and 2 days pregnant and he said I was 2 cm dilated and 80% effaced... my water broke less than 24 hours later at 3AM at 38 weeks and 3 days. See my next post! We are beyond happy that she came healthy and early!

No comments:

Post a Comment